Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Book of Subtraction (Kumon Workbooks)



My Book of Subtraction (Kumon Workbooks)
Kumon Publishing | 2005-10-06 00:00:00 | Kumon Publishing North America | 80 | Math
This workbook will improve and expand on the skills acquired in My Book of SIMPLE SUBTRACTION. In this book, children will practice first how to subtract the numbers 1 through 9 and then they will reinforce this skill by learning how to subtract numbers 1 through 20. The purpose of this book is to prepare children for higher-level mathematics by improving their basic subtraction skills.
Reviews
I bought this workbook for my son while I was teaching him subtraction. Unfortunately, this book is just a bunch of subtraction problems, but there is nothing to help teach subtraction! I can just as easily generate subtraction problems on the computer or even write them out. Also, it was written with number sentences. I wanted to expose him to both number sentences and stacked problems.



I bought "Two Plus Two Is Not Five" and found that to be an invaluable source to teach tricks for adding and subtracting that even my 4 1/2 year old could learn.
Reviews
We started our six year old with Kumon Workbooks over this last summer hoping to give him heads up with first grade, which was just around the corner. He stepped in barely knowing his alphabet. By the end of the summer, our thirty-minute lesson each day not only gave him confident in his letters but he was spelling way into a first grade level and he is reading! I have tried other brands and found them to be much to confusing for a child because they jump around in different styles throughout the workbook. Kumon is consistent in their style all through their books and my son was able to absorb his lessons without frustration. Since school has started he not only feels confident within his class time, but finds any small homework that comes home fun and easy!



Search Kumon Books and you will see tons!!!



Good luck with your adventure!

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download