Monday, February 21, 2011

If You Could See Me Now : A Novel



If You Could See Me Now : A Novel
Cecelia Ahern | 2005-01-01 00:00:00 | Harper Collins | 336 | Subjects
Reviews
I didn't know what to expect when I started reading "If You Could See Me Now" but I'm glad I read it. The use of an imaginary being fir an adult was a great idea, and the chemistry and storytelling was excellent. Ahern portrayal of each character was clear and detailed. I especially liked the character of the imaginary friend. He was so child-like that he possessed a vast amount of wisdom. If you like feel-good stories with unique twists, I highly recommend this story.
Reviews
This was really good, I liked it because it was an unusual story.



This is a story about two sisters. Elizabeth and Saoirse. Elizabeth try's to make a perfect life for herself... perfect house, perfect job! Saoirse is the opposite. Saoirse's life a mess. Saoirse drinks too much, doesnt work, and constantly steels her sisters car. Saoirse also has a son. Luke, who is taken in by Elizabeth as Saoire is unable and unwilling to take care of him.



Both Elizabeth and Lukes lives change on the arrival of Ivan who teaches Elizabeth that live doesnt have to be as difficult and serious as she makes it and he also becomes a close friend Luke.
Reviews
After finishing The Book of Tomorrow, I've decided to get this title. I finished this book in 4 days (reading while eating, while waiting at the traffic light, etc). I just can't put it down. The storyline was well-written, and of course when Ivan met Elizabeth, their conversations were funny at times, making me laugh.



It's a good read, and I wished the story did not end the way it did. In fact, I wished it did not end at all! Will there be a continuation of this story, Ms Ahern?



The creativity and imagination rendered in this book is creative. The love that unfolded between Ivan and Elizabeth gave *me* butterflies! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes light reading - and make believe for once that there are people out there guiding and helping us. If you could just open your hearts and see them :)
Reviews
I loved this book. It's the first Ahern novel I've read, and I'll definitely be buying her other books.



I grew up reading Maeve Binchy, and am a big fan of Marian Keyes. When I heard about Cecelia Ahern I decided to give this Irish author a whirl.



I loved it. It was really magical and sweet and the end was very touching.



I'm going to tell all of my friends about the book and this author. Thank you, Cecelia!




Reviews
This story would make a great movie! From the first page I was hooked and I love how creative the storyline was. I am a big fan of Cecelia Ahern and this is one of her best books. The characters are fun and likable and the story is magic.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download