Thursday, February 24, 2011

Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Advanced System Administration v10.5 (Apple Training)



Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Advanced System Administration v10.5 (Apple Training)
| 2008-07-28 00:00:00 | | 0 | Mac OS


This in-depth look at advanced topics in Mac network administration shows system administrators and other IT professionals how to use Mac OS X Server v10.5 within a multiplatform, heterogeneous environment. Following the learning objectives of the Apple Certified System Administrator course, this book is a perfect study aid for the Apple Certified System Administrator exam.

User review
Read the book and passed the exam
I purchased this book to study for the 9L0-621 exam. I studied for about 2 weeks. I have roughly 4 years of experience administering OS X servers. I passed the exam today with a very comfortable score and earned my ACSA! I would recommend this book, although real life experience is also a must.

User review
What's missing from Server Essentials
First, the book is only 363 pages long, not 560 as identified in the Amazon description. So in my opinion a little over priced for the content.


Having said that, I found the book contained a lot of information that I wish had been in Server Essentials. Of course, considering that these are geared towards the Apple exams I suppose you have to give them some leeway.


As I am in the process of planning an OS 10.5 Server upgrade, this book has been helpful. I'm still hoping that someone will write more about Print Queue Management in OS 10.5. If you're looking for more info on that subject, you won't find it in here nor in Server Essentials.


Overall, if you're new to supporting OS 10.5 Server or migrating from 10.4 to 10.5, then this book has some helpful information - but maybe you can get lucky and find it at a discounted price. I don't feel it's really worth $65 but I'd consider $35 a fair deal.


Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download