Monday, January 24, 2011

The Ultimate Muffin Book: More Than 600 Recipes for Sweet and Savory Muffins



The Ultimate Muffin Book: More Than 600 Recipes for Sweet and Savory Muffins
Bruce Weinstein,Mark Scarbrough | 2004-08-01 00:00:00 | William Morrow Cookbooks | 272 | Bread
What's quick, easy, and sure to bring on the smiles? Muffins, of course! For recipes that are sweet, savory, or just over the top, look no further than The Ultimate Muffin Book. From classics like Berry and Corn Muffins to new favorites like Margarita and savory Quiche Lorraine Muffins, Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough once again take an American fun-food classic to new heights by offering more than 600 recipes and variations for absolutely every muffin imaginable. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, anyone? Or luscious Hazelnut? Or what about Pizza Muffins for kids of all ages? Low-fat, nonfat, gluten-free, dense, and decadent -- they're all here, as well as baking tips, an ingredients guide, and a witty history of how the muffin came to be an American institution. Muffins. Is there a better way to make everyone in your life smile?
Reviews
I like the book and the many suggestions for variations. Recipes baked up well, but some adjustments to baking time were needed. Lowfat recipes were also tasty. Overall, I am very satisfied with the purchase of this book and recommend it to all muffin makers!
Reviews
I have just started making muffin tops to sell and this book is chalk full of great recipes as well as tips and sources to purchase ingredients from. I was so glad i chose this book over others i looked at.
Reviews
I like the idea of this book - basic recipes for muffins with variations on each theme. I liked the helpful tips, and the recipes for toppings in the back of the book. But I have tried a fair number of recipes, and each was disappointing. The muffins lacked flavor and spice, and were heavy on the flour. None of the recipes were "keepers", according to my family. I'm puzzled by reviews stating a cookbook is "an excellent treatment of the subject", apparently without trying the recipes and tasting the results. You have to cook from a cookbook to know if it is any good! I'd recommend checking this one out of the library for a trial, if you have an interest in the book.
Reviews
I borrowed this book from our public library and after renewing it 3 times, I decided I'd better just buy it! My kids and I enjoy making homemade muffins (NOT the grocery store box kinds) for breakfast options and this book has loads. Easy-to-follow directions even for kids and the results have been great every time. Sure, there might be some kinds that I wouldn't even consider trying, but what recipe book doesn't have that? If you like muffins, I recommend this!
Reviews
This cook book is okay but not great. They have neat muffin flavors but the recipes turn out kind of dry muffins.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download